Healthy Valentine's Menu
Avocado with Prawns in Seafood Sauce
|An all-time favourite starter - now with the fat content reduced.|
- 2 medium avocado pear, halved and pitted
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 portion lettuce, shredded, to garnish
- 8 portion tomato(s), cherry
- 120 g very low-fat plain yogurt, (6 tbsp)
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed and finely chopped (optional)
- 300 g peeled prawns, cooked, (thawed if frozen)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika, or freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkle the cut surface of the avocados with a few drops of lemon juice. Stand each half on a separate serving dish or plate and garnish with shredded lettuce and cherry tomatoes.
- To make the dressing, mix together the yogurt, tomato puree and capers, if using. Pat the prawns dry with some kitchen paper, then stir them gently into the dressing.
- Pile the prawns and dressing into the avocado halves. Sprinkle with a little paprika or black pepper, then serve at once.
- Remember that avocado will blacken if left for too long, so serve as soon as possible.
- Italian-Style Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Roasted Pine NutsÂ Â
Â This dish is perfect for fuss-free entertaining. Easy to prepare and serve, healthy - and very, very tasty!
- 600 g chicken breast, uncooked, skinless, boneless, (4 x 150g fillets)
- 150 g low-fat soft cheese
- 2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 2 quantity spinach, watercress and rocket salad, finely chopped (2 generous handfuls )
- 2 medium Pepper, red, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 medium Pepper, yellow, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 medium onion(s), red, sliced into wedges
- 3 medium courgette, thickly sliced
- 5 spray low-fat cooking spray
- 12 portion cherry tomatoes
- 40 g pine nut kernels
- 1 pinch salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200Â°C/400Â°F/fan oven 180Â°C.
- Lay the chicken breasts, well spaced apart, on a work surface covered with a piece of cling film. Cover them with another piece of cling film, then use a meat mallet or rolling pin to beat them out, gently but firmly, until flattened. They need to be quite thin.
- Mix together the low fat soft cheese, dried herbs and spinach mixture. Spread evenly over the chicken breasts, season with black pepper, then roll them up to enclose the filling. Use cocktail sticks to secure them. Wrap each chicken breast in a separate piece of foil.
- Put the peppers, onions and courgettes into a large roasting pan and spray with low fat cooking spray. Arrange the chicken parcels on top.
- Roast, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove the chicken parcels and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the vegetables and sprinkle the pine nuts over the top. Roast for a further 5 minutes. Unwrap the chicken breasts, slice them, then serve with the vegetables.
- The chicken can be served cold â perfect sliced for a special sandwich filling with extra salad.
Menu by Weight Watcher's UK