Raspberry Filled Melon
|Raspberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon/1 medium melon||2 Small|
|Mint leaves||1 Tablespoon|
1. Wash fresh berries gently, and place on paper towel to dry.
If frozen, defrost, drain off all juice and place on paper towel to dry.
2. Measure 1/2 cup berries into a small saucepan.
3. Add honey, using 1 tablespoon if berries are fresh and sweet, full amount if tart or frozen.
4. Add lemon juice.
5. Simmer gently about 5 minutes, until berries are just soft.
6. Press sauce through a strainer.
7. Cut melons into halves, or larger melon into quarters.
8. Discard seeds.
9. Pour sauce over remaining 1 1/2 cups uncooked berries.
10. Spoon into melon cavities.
11. Garnish with mint leaves.
12. Serve at room temperature.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 19
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.5%
Saturated Fat 0.12 g0.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 10.9 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 24 g95.9%
Sugars 38.4 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 233.9%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet