|Ripe ogen melon||3|
|Castor sugar||8 Ounce|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Liter (1 family block)|
|Blanched almonds||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Glace cherries||6 (adjust quantity as needed)|
1) Cut the melons in half and remove seeds.
2) Cut small amount of skin from base of each half melon to let it stand still.
3) In a bowl, beat egg whites and salt until stiff.
4) Add sugar and beat until meringue is very stiff.
5) Take a baking tray and put the melon in it.
6) Put one scoop of ice cream into each melon half and put meringue over it.
7) Put the tray in the centre of the oven and bake for 2 minutes until meringue is golden.
8) Top Melon Alaska with blanched almonds and glace cherries and serve.