|Ripe cantaloupe||2 Pound (Firm)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White distilled vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon stick||2 Inch|
1. To prepare the cantaloupe cut it into quarters and scoop out the seeds and stringy pulp with a spoon.
2. With a small sharp knife, remove the skin and the inner rind.
3. Then cut the meat into 2-inch pieces and pack the pieces into a 1-quart canning jar.
4. In a 2-quart enameled or stainless-steel saucepan bring to a boil over high heat combining the sugar, water, vinegar, cinnamon and cloves stirring until the sugar dissolves.
5. Let it cook briskly, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
6. With tongs, remove the cinnamon stick and tuck it down the side of the cantaloupe-filled jar.
7. Over the cantaloupe ladle the hot liquid, a few tablespoonfuls at a time, allowing the liquid to flow through to the bottom of the jar before adding more.
8. Fill the jar to within 1/8 inch of the top.
9. Following the directions for home canning, seal and process the jar for 12 minutes in a boiling-water bath.
10. Use the spiced cantaloupe in dishes or serve as desired.
Calories 142 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.3 g0.46%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 25.7 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 34.1 g
Protein 1 g2.7%
Vitamin A 102.3% Vitamin C 92.8%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet