|Ripe cantaloupe||2 Pound (Firm Ones)|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Pound (4 Cups)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
1. Peel and cut cantaloupe into thin slices of 1 inch length.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix cantaloupe and sugar; let stand overnight.
3. In a saucepan, mix cantaloupe mixture and lemon juice; cook until the mixture is clear.
4. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
5. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
6. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
7. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
8. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
9. Serve Cantaloupe Preserves with breads and toasts.