|Ripe cantaloupe||2 Pound (Firm Ones)|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Pound (4 Cups)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
1. Peel and cut cantaloupe into thin slices of 1 inch length.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix cantaloupe and sugar; let stand overnight.
3. In a saucepan, mix cantaloupe mixture and lemon juice; cook until the mixture is clear.
4. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
5. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
6. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
7. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
8. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
9. Serve Cantaloupe Preserves with breads and toasts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3392 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.9%
Saturated Fat 0.49 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 146.9 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 880 g293.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.6%
Sugars 864.4 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 614% Vitamin C 629.3%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet