Molded Cantaloupe Cream
|Orange gelatin||3 Ounce|
|Orange flavor gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ripe cantaloupe||1 Large|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Whipped topping mix||2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a medium-size bowl dissolve orange gelatin in boiling water>
2) Mix 3/4 cup of orange juice and ginger.
3) Keep aside to cool.
4) Chill the mixture until as thick as unbeaten egg white.
5) Halve and deseed cantaloupe.
6) Shape 1 cup cantaloupe balls with a melon ball scoop or the 1/2 teaspoon.
7) Add melon balls into chilled gelatin and pour into 6-cup mold.
8) Chill the mixture till just sticky.
9) Cut remaining cantaloupe into small pieces.
10) In electric-blender container m ix with 1 cup orange juice and whirl covered till smooth. Alternately press cantaloupe through a fine sieve and add orange juice to it.
11) In a medium-size saucepan mix unflavored gelatin and sugar and stir in 1 cup of the cantaloupe puree.
12) Gently heat stirring constantly till gelatin dissolves.
13) Take off from heat and transfer into a large bowl. Combine with remaining cantaloupe puree and orange rind.
14) Chill for about 30 minutes.
15) Prepare whipped topping mix with milk following label directions.
16) Add to the cantaloupe puree mixture.
17) Gently pour over gelatin layer in mold.
18) Set to chill for 4 hours till firm.
19) Before serving, loosen mold around edge with a knife. Dip mold very quickly in and out of hot water.
20) Wipe the water off mold and shake gently to loosen it. Cover with a serving plate and turn upside down.
21) Garnish with fresh mint on the top.