Cantaloupe Cream Melba
|Frozen raspberries||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1 Dash|
|Peach ice cream/Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart|
1) Into a small saucepan, press the raspberries through a sieve and add the cream of tartar and sugar. Stir well.
2) Quickly heat the mixture, stirring constantly, till it is boiling. Cook for about 3 minutes.
3) Put the heated mixture into a small bowl and chill.
4) Cut the cantaloupe in half and scoop out the seeds. Pare the melon. Cut each half into 4 wedges.
5) Around the edge of a compote or a shallow serving bowl, arrange the wedges, spoke fashion and rounded sides down.
6) Scoop the ice cream into balls and pile it in the center of the fruits. Drizzle part of the raspberry sauce all over the ice cream.
7) Serve immediately with the remaining raspberry sauce on the side.