Honeydew Melon Ice
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Honeydew melon||1 Medium|
|Lime juice||5 Tablespoon|
1. Combine the water and the sugar in a small saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Simmer the syrup, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Cool the syrup completely.
2. Cut the melon into quarters; remove and discard the seeds and the rind. Cut the melon into 1-inch chunks. Working in batches if necessary, puree the melon in a food processor until moderately smooth. Transfer the puree to a bowl. Stir in the cooled sugar syrup and the lime juice.
3. Pour the melon puree into a 9-inch square metal pan. Freeze the puree until almost frozen, for 2 to 4 hours; stir the ice several times, especially around the edges, so the ice freezes evenly.
4. Transfer the ice to the food processor or a large chilled bowl. Quickly process or beat the ice with an electric mixer until it is smooth and fluffy. Return the ice to the pan; freeze for 30 minutes. Process or beat again until smooth and fluffy.
5. Freeze the ice, tightly covered, until almost firm, for 1 to 2 hours. If the ice freezes solid, soften in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.