Stir Fried Pork And Bitter Melon
|Fermented black beans||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Lean pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bitter melon||1 Pound|
1. Soak fermented black beans. Mince garlic, then mash with drained beans.
2. Slice pork thin against the grain. Combine cornstarch, soy sauce, sherry and sugar; then add to pork and toss to coat.
3. Cut bitter melon lengthwise in half (scoop out the seeds), then cut crosswise in 1/16 inch slices. Parboil 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Blend remaining cornstarch, soy sauce and sugar to a paste with cold water and pepper.
5. Heat oil. Add garlic black bean mixture and stir fry 1/2 minute. Add pork and stir fry until it loses its pinkness (about 2 minutes).
6. Add bitter melon and stir fry to coat with oil (about 1 minute).
7. Stir in and heat stock quickly; then cook, covered, 2 minutes over medium heat. Stir in cornstarch mixture to thicken.