|Aubergines||1 1⁄4 Kilogram|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||2 Large, peeled and chopped|
|Butter||15 Gram (0.5 Ounce)|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Plain unsweetened yogurt||900 Milliliter (1.5 Pints)|
|Ripe tomatoes||450 Gram, peeled skinned and chopped (1 Pound)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||50 Gram, grated|
1. Slice 2/3 of the aubergines 1 cm (1/2 inch) thick, sprinkle them with salt and set aside to drain.
2. Prick the rest of the aubergines all over and boil whole in salted water for 10 minutes.
3. Pat sliced aubergines dry, paint each slice scantily with oil and grill until lightly coloured; drain.
4. Soften the onions in the melted butter. Mix the corn flour into the yogurt.
5. Peel the whole aubergines and mash them, mix with the onions, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture, salt, pepper and cinnamon.
6. Line an ovenproof dish with sliced aubergines. Spread some mashed aubergines over and sprinkle with Parmesan. Repeat until the dish is nearly full.
7. Beat the eggs into the remaining yogurt and pour over, sprinkle with a little cinnamon and salt and bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.