Mediterranean Chicken Phyllo Rolls
|Chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked, shredded|
|Onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Phyllo dough||1 Pound (1 packet)|
1. Preheated oven at 400 degrees F.
2. Shred the cooked chicken and set aside.
3. In a sauce pan add olive oil and onions and cook on medium heat.
4. Add chicken to onions (add salt if chicken is not salted), cook for 5 minutes or until lightly brown.
5. Remove from heat and add sumac, paprika, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
6. Lay out 1 layer of phyllo dough and cut into 8 x 10 inch size, brush with butter.
7. Add 2 tbs chicken to 1 sheet of phyllo dough, fold in sides and roll. Repeat until all chicken is done.
8. Place rolls open end down in a pan and brush with butter on top.
9. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
10. In a serving platter, arrange the wraps and serve as a appetizer with dip of choice or as a main dish.
Calories 901 Calories from Fat 477
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.8%
Saturated Fat 21.2 g106%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130.8 mg43.6%
Sodium 868.1 mg36.2%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 32 g63.4%
Vitamin A 34.6% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 29.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet