Best Pita Bread
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs), divided (3 cups- dough; 1 cup- kneading)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (as required)|
|Dry yeast||7 Gram (1 packet)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a small bowl mix yeast, sugar and 1/2 cup warm water and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl mix 3 cups flour with salt and make a well or hole in the middle.
3. Slowly stir in yeast mix and 1 cup warm water until well combined.
4. In another large bowl add 1 tablespoon olive oil and spread all over to keep dough from sticking, place dough in oiled bowl, cover with a blanket, and let sit for 3 hours in a warm place.
5. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
6. After 3 hours and dough has risen, add flour on to table surface and knead dough for 10 minutes, add flour to surface to keep it from sticking.
7. Form dough into small balls and let sit in a plate for 10 minutes.
8. Roll our balls to 1/8 inch thick and place on flat cookie sheet or pan, cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly brown and dough puffs up (If the dough does not puff up all the time, that is ok, you'll still have a pita pocket).
9. Serve the pita with falafel, or as any sandwich or with any main dish as a side.