Mediterranean Chicken And Quince Casserole
|Chicken||1 , cut up|
|Pureed quinces jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Quince slices||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh Or Preserved)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Crushed garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mint||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Crushed pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Dry)|
1. Place quince puree and slices in a bowl with orange juice, set aside.
2. Mix together flour, salt, pepper, allspice, cinnamon, chili powder and crushed dry pepper flakes (optional).
3. Lightly coat chicken in flour mixture until evenly coated shaking the excess flour off the chicken.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet or pan, add the chicken and brown on all sides (about 7 minutes).
5. Remove from pan and set aside.
6. Using the same oil you browned the chicken in, add chopped onion and garlic until soft but not brown.
7. Add the quince puree and slices mix to the sautéed onions and garlic, you may use fresh quince if it is in season.
8. Return the chicken to the pan.
9. Add about a cup of water, bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat.
10. Simmer gently for 30 minutes until the chicken is soft and the liquid is half way evaporated.
11. Add dry mint I found out that this little sprinkle of mint makes a huge difference in pulling all the flavors together...it gave it a huge kick!
12. Serve hot with white rice on the side.