Baklava With Walnuts
|Nuts||1 Pound (Such As Walnuts, Pistachios Or Almonds)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Heat up the oven to 350 F degrees.
2. Crush the nuts, mix with sugar and the spices.
3. Melt the butter.
4. Layer the phyllo dough in the pan, about three at a time, butter each layer with the melted butter.
5. Sprinkle with the nut mix and keep on layering the dough until you are done with the amount.
6. The top layer of dough should be the thickest , about 6-8 sheets deep.
7. Cut the baklava all the way to the bottom into squares or diamond shapes.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the top and the sides turn into a nice golden color.
9. Add the cold sugar syrup to the baklava and let it stand for some time.
10. Serve at room temperature.