|Eggplants||2 Large, fried|
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bone in lamb||1 Pound, boiled with spices|
|Meat broth||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Onions||2 , diced and fried|
1. Peel and cut the eggplants and fry till golden brown in color drain from the oil on paper towels.
2. Wash and soak the rice for 15 min then drain before using.
3. Cook the meat by boiling it with spices and fragrant herbs such as salt, black pepper, cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, and bay leaf. Make sure you have enough broth to use to cook the recipe.
4. Fry your diced onions till they are golden brown in color, drain from the extra oil.
To assemble your Maqloobeh:
5. Lay down the meat in the bottom of the pot.
6. Lay the eggplants on top of the meat.
7. Add the rice on top of the eggplants. At this point, you may add turmeric, cardamom, allspice, salt, black pepper and cinnamon to the rice and mix well before adding it to the pot or you may add the spices on top of the rice before adding the broth. Either ways will work fine.
8. Add the meat broth to the pot just to cover the rice, about 1cm above the rice. You can always add more later on while cooking if needed.
9. Bring the pot to a boil on high heat, then lower the heat use a heat protection disk if you like to prevent burning.
10. Cook for about 20 - 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked and fluffy.
11. Flip the pot in the serving platter.
12. Garnish with friend pine nuts if you like.
13. Seve with plain yogurt or green salad. Enjoy!