We're going back through the list of raw food recipes that you wanted and raw Baba Ganoush was right at top...The reason we've been hesitating to give you a raw recipe for Baba Ganoush is because we didn't know what to do with the eggplant to make it soft. Annmarie did a little research and now we have the secret.
1 Medium, juiced
2 Clove (10 gm)
1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped
1. Peel the eggplants and slice them thickly.
2. Place them in an air tight container and freeze it overnight.
3. Remove from freezer and defrost it for around an hour till it becomes soft again.
4. In a food processor place the defrosted eggplant slices.
5. Add lemon juice, garlic, parsley, green onion and tahini paste. Blend till coarsely smooth.
6. Season with salt and adjust the taste by adding more lemon juice if required.
7. Pour olive oil and resume blending for a few more seconds to combine all.
8. In a serving plate or bowl, serve the Baba Ganoush garnished with cilantro or green onions and nuts if desired.