Moussaka - Greek
|Eggplants||1 1⁄2 Kilogram, slice|
|Ground lamb meat||500 Gram|
|Ground pork meat||500 Gram|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, chop|
|Parmesan cheese||100 Gram, grated|
|Pecorino cheese||150 Gram, grated|
|Potatoes||500 Gram, boil|
|Red wine||8 Ounce|
|Nutmeg powder||To Taste|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Peanut oil||300 Milliliter|
1. Wash the eggplants and cut into slices ¼ inch (½ cm) thick, then put them in a colander in sprinkle with coarse salt; then and let it sweat for 2.
2. Saute the chopped onions and garlic In a large pan with 3-4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, once brown add the meat and brown the meat then add a glass of red wine.
3. Let the wine evaporate, add salt, pepper and the powdered cinnamon, and stir well, add the cubed tomatoes. Cover and cook for at least 1 hour on low flame.
4. Cut the potatoes into slices ¼ inch (½ cm) thick, then boil in plenty of salted water for 5 minutes, pat them dry with a clean cloth to remove the excess water and fry them in oil fry the eggplants as well.
5. In another sauce pan, prepare the béchamel sauce combine butter, flour, milk, nutmeg and salt add pecorino and parmesan cheese, and add just over ½ cup of béchamel sauce. Mix to blend well.
6. Take a 9 by 12 inches baking pan and line the bottom with the potatoes followed by e the eggplants and form the first layer; spread half of the ragout over the eggplants, then sprinkle with cheese, reserve some of the cheese to sprinkle on top of the béchamel sauce at the end.
7. Sprinkle the first layer of moussaka with half of the cheese. After making the second layer, top everything with the béchamel sauce, sprinkle the remaining cheese.
8. Bake the moussaka at 350°F for about 45 minutes or until the béchamel sauce turns golden brown.
9. Once ready, let it cool and set, then cut and serve.
10. Serve the sliced moussaka hot.
Calories 1177 Calories from Fat 836
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g143.6%
Saturated Fat 30.7 g153.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 144.6 mg48.2%
Sodium 564.1 mg23.5%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.5%
Sugars 14.5 g
Protein 36 g73%
Vitamin A 21.3% Vitamin C 46.3%
Calcium 45.1% Iron 19.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet