Lentils and Eggplant
|Egg plant||2 Large, peeled and cubed|
|Lentils||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), washed and soaked|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Pomegranate molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), julienned|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a large pot add in the lentils and eggplant. Cook for 25 minutes.
2. Season with salt and black pepper. Add in the pomegranate molasses and stir well.
3. Meanwhile make the corn-starch slurry by mixing corn starch and water.
4. Add in the slurry into the lentils while stirring continuously. Cover the pot and cook on low heat.
5. In a sauce pan pour in the olive oil, add in the ginger and cilantro and stir fry.
6. Mix the cilantro mixture into the lentil and stir well.
7. Season with cumin powder and stir well.
8. Garnish lentils with onions and serve with pita breads.
Calories 393 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 0.83 g4.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 335.7 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 20.2 g80.6%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 14 g28.1%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 31%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet