1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, mix the crust flour, water till soft.
3. Spread it on an 8X8 baking dish and press it down with fingers.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
5. Reheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
6. In a bowl, mix dates, walnuts, flour, salt, brown sugar, baking soda, egg and vanilla. Mix well till combined.
7. Take the baked crust and spread the date’s mixture over it. Tap the dish so that the mixture settles down evenly.
8. Place it in the oven and bake for 35 minutes or till the knife comes out clean.
9. Remove from the oven and allow complete cooling for 4 hours.
10. Place it in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight before cutting.
11. In a serving plate, place the date bar slices and serve it with after dinner or in a party