Ok… anyone that knows me knows that I absolutely hate salmon. To me it’s way too fishy. BUT, this recipe will change your mind. My mom and I came up with this recipe after I brought home a huge chunk of feta from Greece (I’m pretty sure I snuck it in illegally…shhh) and didn’t know what to do with it! I’m not joking, there’s not an ounce of “fishy” with this recipe. This is such a great dish to make for one, two, three, or a crowd of people!
Wild salmon fillet
Cracked black pepper
1 , thinly sliced
1⁄2 , thinly sliced
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Teaspoon, chopped
4 , thinly sliced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut the onion, lemons and pepperoncini pepper in thin slices.
3. Roughly chop the tomatoes.
4. In a baking pan, place the salmon filets skin side down and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. On each salmon fillet, make layers of 3 lemon slices, 3 onion slices, pepperoncini, and some plum tomatoes.
6. Layer the remaining salmon fillets in the same way.
7. Sprinkle kalamata olives, feta, and oregano over each fillet.
8. Pour in the wine in the bottom of the pan.
9. Put the salmon in the oven, and cook for 30 minutes, or until light browned on top.