An experimental success in Surfin Sapo's Kitchen, this recipe is an interesting twist on the classic kibbi or kibbeh, cooked in a smokey mountain! These ground lamb, bulgur and nut loaves taste like the Mediterranean version of the classic southern-style meat loaves.
2 Pound (fine ground)
2 Large, finely chopped
6 Large, minced
4 Tablespoon, chopped
2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked in water for 1 hour, drained well
2 Teaspoon (or to taste)
Cracked black pepper
1 Teaspoon (or to taste) (Optional)
1 Tablespoon (or to taste)
1. In a large bowl, combine the finely ground lamb meat, onions, garlic, nuts, soaked bulgur wheat, salt, pepper and oregano.
2. Using your hands, mix the ingredients thoroughly, kneading until it comes together like dough.
3. Divide the mixture into equal size portions and using wet hands shape into mini loaves or patties.
4. Arrange them in a greased or foil line baking or roasting pan.
5. Cook them in the oven or in the Weber Smokey Mountain (preheated to 350 degree F)for 35 to 40 minutes or until cooked.
6. Serve the Kibbi with Louisiana hot-sauce and Cajun pickles for a Southern touch!