Bring the flair of the mediterranean into your own home. This delicious meal paired with a greek salad will delight your taste buds!
Please See Video
1) Preheat the oven at 425 degrees.
2) Peel the eggplant and cut into thin circles. Sprinkle little kosher salt on each eggplant circles. Place a cookie sheet over the eggplant circles by pressing the sheet down.
3) Spray the cooking sheet with cooking spray.
4) Add little black pepper on the top of the eggplant and place each circles over the cookie sheet.
5) Spray the cooking spray over the eggplant and bake at 425 degrees for 7 minutes each on both sides.
6) Meanwhile, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a frying pan.
7) Add a pound of ground turkey, 1 small chopped onion, and 4 tablespoons of garlic powder. Cook for 6 minutes.
8) Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh mint, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of all spice to the turkey mixture.
9) Add 1/2 cup of wheat, 2 cans of undrained diced tomatoes to the turkey mixture. Cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
10) Take a deep pan and spray it with cooking spray. Layer the pan with meat mixture and baked eggplant circles.
11) Take a tablespoon of butter in a pan and
add 2 tablespoons of flour, and 1 cup of milk.
12) Boil the flour mixture and add 2 crushed garlic cloves. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then put the mixture into the food processor.
13) Add a teaspoon of nutmeg to the food processor. Add 1/2 cup of feta cheese and 1 cup of plain yogurt as well. Blend the mixture and then pour over the layered meat mixture
14) Bake the Moussaka in the oven until the top becomes golden brown.
15) Serve the moussaka in a serving plate.
Moussaka is a classic dish of Middle East. There are different variations for making this classy dish. It is primarily made with eggplant often baked in the oven. Try this recipe and impress your friends and family members with your cooking skill.