Mediterranean-Style Roasted Beet Salad
|Endive||1 , finely sliced|
|Sliced red onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh mint||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh chives||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced radish||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kalamata olives||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Black Variety)|
|Crumbled feta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole grain mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
To roast the beets:
1. Place the red beets in a 2 inch deep baking dish with 1/4 inch of water and cover with foil, roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 40 minutes, set aside and cool completely.
2. In a large bowl combine sliced endive, red onion, radish, mint, chives.
3. Peel the beets and cut into cubes, add to the bowl.
4. In another bowl prepare the dressing by combining the mustard, vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper add to the salad and toss lightly.
5. Top salad with olives and feta and serve with grilled chicken.
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.1%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g33.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.4 mg11.1%
Sodium 1502 mg62.6%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g45.8%
Sugars 19.1 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 70% Vitamin C 52.7%
Calcium 31.3% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet