Beet Salad is a refreshing way of combining Mediterranean flavors in a nice, healthy salad. It goes great with any protein, chicken or fish. And a lot of the parts of the salad can be prepared in advance. Try this beet salad if you want to discover some nice new flavors.
1 , finely sliced
Sliced red onion
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Chopped fresh mint
Chopped fresh chives
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Black Variety)
Crumbled feta cheese
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Whole grain mustard
Red wine vinegar
To roast the beets:
1. Place the red beets in a 2 inch deep baking dish with 1/4 inch of water and cover with foil, roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 40 minutes, set aside and cool completely.
2. In a large bowl combine sliced endive, red onion, radish, mint, chives.
3. Peel the beets and cut into cubes, add to the bowl.
4. In another bowl prepare the dressing by combining the mustard, vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper add to the salad and toss lightly.
5. Top salad with olives and feta and serve with grilled chicken.
This is such a wonderful beet salad is delicious on its own as an appetizer but it goes well with almost any roast meat, and is a great topping for sandwiches and wraps too. Beets are so healthy, they are rich in vitamins, iron, calcium and potassium and are great for purifying blood and maintaining blood pressure. This recipe is a quick and easy way to enjoy this wonderful root veggie.
Mediterranean-Style Roasted Beet Salad Recipe Video