Meatballs are a definite favorite of my kids! This recipe for Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs, switches it up a bit, injecting Mediterranean flavors with some cumen, paprika and crumbly Feta cheese.
I always make a double batch, freezing the extra for nights when I can barely get dinner on the table. (Yes, I have those nights too!)
Eat it on a bed of Orzo Pasta Salad or in a pita with some tzatziki sauce…or both!
This recipe is a must-try!!
Please See Video
1) Boil water and add little salt and olive oil into it. Add 1/2 pound pasta to water and cook for few minutes.
2) Take 3 pounds of turkey and keep in a bowl.
3) Chop some parsley and add to the ground turkey.
4) Drain the pasta and keep aside.
5) Dice 1/4 portion of a big red onion and add to the turkey.
6) Add 6 ounces of cheese. Chop 1 bell pepper and add 1/4 to the turkey and the remaining to pasta.
7) Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of cumin, 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika, red pepper flakes and mix them well. Add salt and pepper to the turkey mixture.
8) Take a handful of spinach and chop. Add this to pasta salad.
9) Take 1 cucumber and slice it. and add to pasta salad.
10) Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
11) Make small/bigger meatballs with this turkey mixture.
12) Fry them in the heated oil.
13) Meanwhile, mix the pasta salad and add 6 ounces of cheese.
14) Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and ground pepper.
15) Mix them well and add juice of 1/2 lemon.
16) Add 2 tablespoons of kalamata olives and mix them well.
18) Serve the pasta salad in a serving plate. Take tortillas and stuff with sliced red onion, sliced cucumber and tomato pieces.
19) Stuff the tortillas with meatballs and add tzatziki sauce as well.