Here’s a quick recipe to make your own hummus from scratch. Just follow my simple steps and you’ll be amazed how easy it is to make!
Garbanzo beans/Chick peas
15 Ounce, drained and rinsed (1 Can)
2 Clove (10 gm)
Fresh lemon juice
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
1 Tablespoon (Sesame Seed Paste)
Sun dried tomatoes in oil
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1) Start by draining the can of beans.
2) Then place the beans in a food processor with the garlic, lemon juice and Tahini. Give the beans a few pulses just to start breaking up the beans.
3) Next add the sun dried tomatoes, water, salt and pepper. Use the food processor to blend and make the beans smooth.
4) If the Hummus is thick add a little more lemon juice or water.
5) The hummus is ready to eat right away. I like to refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving. You can keep the Hummus for a week being stored in an air tight container.
6) Serve Hummus with fresh veggies, pita chips, or use as a spread for sandwiches. Enjoy!
You can switch sun dried tomatoes for roasted garlic, roasted red peppers, egg plant, pine nuts, jalapeno, the list goes on!