Here is my take on everyones favourite Caprese salad.
9 , cut into half, seeds removed
Extra virgin olive oil
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
2 Clove (10 gm), minced
Salt and pepper
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), pitted (as required)
250 Gram, cut into strips
1 Teaspoon, cut into strips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. On a baking sheet arrange the tomatoes, skin side down. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle garlic, sugar, and salt & pepper to taste. Toss it well till all the tomatoes are coated.
3. Roast in the preheated oven for around 1 1/2 hour (2 hrs max) or until the tomatoes begin to caramelize. Check occasionally to avoid burning. If bubbling too much, reduce the heat of the oven.
4. Remove from the oven and allow the tomatoes to cool to room temperature before serving.
5. In a serving plate arrange the tomatoes with the mozzarella cheese slices. Sprinkle some kalamata olives and basil all over them. Serve the salad immediately.
If you have enough mozzarella cheese, then you can make this Caprese salad. It is a very popular Mediterranean salad made with very less ingredients such as tomatoes, garlic and cheese. Check out the video for recipe detail.