In this demonstration, Chef Lisa shows you how to make noodles from eggplant. Then she sautés them in olive oil with garlic and red pepper flakes. Add some tomatoes, wine, a bit of cream, roasted peppers or kalamata olives. Finish with fresh basil and feta cheese. Easy and good!
2 Medium, slice (lengthwise into ¼ inch thick slices)
2 Clove (10 gm), mince
Red pepper flakes
2 Medium, chopped
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Roasted red bell peppers
1 Medium, chop
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced thinly
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crumbled
1. Prepare paper towel lined 3 baking sheet.
2. Place the sliced eggplants on paper towel forming a single layer.
3. Season both the sides with kosher salt; allow it to seat for 30 minutes.
4. Place the eggplants in a colander and rinse with cold water.
5. Place it back in a new baking sheet, place a paper towel and pat them dry.
6. Once done cut the eggplants lengthwise into ¼ inch thick slices.
7. In a large cold sauté pan pour olive oil and add the garlic red pepper flakes.
8. Turn on the heat and add tomatoes, vermouth, heavy cream, roasted red pepper.
9. Sprinkle chopped basil and feta cheese.