|Chickpeas||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), soaked overnight|
|Buckwheat groats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1 handful)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Blend ingredients till they are quite similar to bread crumbs and are moist. ( If the batter does not hold while pressing with fingers, add little bit of water, till it holds)
2. Let the mixture stand for 30 minutes.
3. In a fry pan add oil and heat.
4. Make balls from the mixture in the size of walnuts.
5. Use a slotted spoon to drop these balls in sizzling water. ( Be careful not to hurt yourself from splashing balls in hot oil)
6. Fry to get the balls deep brown.
7. Serve Felafel as an appetizer inside peta with lettuce, tomato and tahini sauce.
Calories 556 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.5%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 1053 mg43.9%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.3%
Dietary Fiber 22.9 g91.6%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 28 g57%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 21%
Calcium 20.2% Iron 60.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet