Apricot Stuffed Lamb
|Lamb shoulder||4 Pound, boned with pocked for stuffing|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , finely minced|
|Cooked long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||1⁄4 Pound, soaked overnight, drained and chopped|
|Orange||1 Large, rind grated finely|
|Ground coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Apricot halves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|Mint sprig||1 (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) To prepare the stuffing, in a saucepan, heat the oil and add the onion. Cook gently for about 5 minutes till the onion is tender and lightly colored.
3) Take the pan off the heat and add all the remaining ingredients. Season well and mix thoroughly.
4) Open out the lamb and lay it on a board or work surface with the skin side down.
5) Sprinkle the meat with the coriander and season to taste.
6) Into the boned cavity, spoon the stuffing, packing it in properly.
7) Over the stuffing, fold the 2 long sides of the lamb so that they overlap and form into a neat roll. Tie the stuffed rolled lamb with fine string at appropriate intervals.
8) In a roasting pan, place the lamb and roast it in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and roast for another 90 minutes, till the lamb is sot and thoroughly cooked,
9) Take off the string and put the lamb on a warmed serving dish. Leave in a warm place for about 10 minutes.
10) Carve the lamb into slices and use mint sprigs and apricot halves to garnish.
11) Serve the lamb right away, while it is still hot. A gravy can be made from the pan juices and served alongside the dish.