Poached Trout with Fennel
|Florence fennel head||6 Ounce (1 small head, weighing about 175 g)|
|Potatoes||12 Ounce, peeled and thinly sliced (350 g)|
|Dry vermouth||60 Milliliter (4 tbsp)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 g)|
|Fresh trout||16 Ounce, cleaned (2nos., each weighing about 225 g)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Cut the green leaves of the fennel and reserve for the garnish.
3) Thinly slice the fennel and spread over the bottom of a shallow baking dish.
4) Smear the fennel with the potato slices and place the bay leaf on top.
5) Stream the vermouth and 4 tablespoon of water, and dredge with salt and pepper to taste.
6) Arrange the trout fillet over the potatoes and mark with the butter.
7) Wrap tightly with foil and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
8) Chop the reserved fennel leaves to use for garnish.
9) Take off the foil from the dish and serve hot garnished with fennel leaves.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1223 Calories from Fat 479
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.7%
Saturated Fat 19.9 g99.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 324 mg108%
Sodium 748.6 mg31.2%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.1 g52.2%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 104 g207.2%
Vitamin A 25.3% Vitamin C 150.3%
Calcium 34% Iron 63.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet