Mediterranean Grilled Sardines
|Fresh sardines||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon wedges||3 (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the grill.
2) Make slits along the sardine bellies. Keep the head intact.
3) Rinse the sardine under cold running water. Pat them dry over kitchen towels.
4) Place the fish on the grill.
5) Brush the sardines with a rosemary sprig dipped in oil. Sprinkle half of the rosemary leaves over the sardines. Grill for about 5 minutes or till they start to brown.
6) Turn the sardines over on the grill. Sprinkle the remaining rosemary leaves on the other side as well. Grill for another 5 minutes.
7) Season with salt and pepper. Go easy on the salt as sardines are already quite salty.
8) Garnish the sardines with lemon wedges.