Mashed Potatoes and Fennel
|Potatoes||16 Ounce, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices|
|Fennel||5 Ounce (Use Whole , About 1 Cup)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (Use A Little, To Taste)|
1. Cut the fingers, feathery tops, root end and tough outer shell of the fennel.
2. Slice it into less than 1/4-inch thick slices.
3. In a pot take enough water to boil potatoes and fennel, boil until tender, about 10-13 minutes and drain.
4. In a food processor, add butter, pepper, nutmeg and the boiled vegetables and puree.
5. Serve hot with your favourite roast or grill.
Calories 482 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.7%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 77.3 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.6%
Dietary Fiber 33.6 g134.6%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 16 g32%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 99.5%
Calcium 88.2% Iron 83.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet