|Sliced onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Washed rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Extracted From 1 1/2 Fruit)|
|Cabbage leaves/Vine leaves||8 (Use As Needed)|
|Tomato juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and saute the onions.
2) Stir in the rice and cover with water.
3) Heat to boil until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed.
4) Take the pan away from the heat.
5) Mix in the parsley, the juice of one lemon, salt and pepper.
6) In a pot, with salted boiling water dip the vine leaves, for 15 seconds and remove.
7) Place the leaves flat on the working surface.
8) Over each leaf put one teaspoonful of the rice mixture.
9) Start from the broad end roll each leaf up and arrange the stuffed leaves in a deep casserole.
10) Stream over with the tomato juice, half a cup olive oil and half 1 cup of water.
11) Place a plate on the rolled leaves, to avoid floating in the liquid, and use a weight to keep the plate down.
12) Put the lid and simmer on a slow heat till the rice is cooked for about half to three quarters of an hour.
13) Carefully remove the stuffed leaves from the pot using perforated ladle.
14) Allow to cool and serve cold topped with sauce and lemon juice.