Mediterranean Minted Eggplant
|Eggplant||1 , peeled and cubed|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, pressed|
|Dried mint leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh mint leaves/Parsley sprig||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) The oven is pre-heated to 450 degrees.
2) Cubed eggplant is tossed in olive oil.
3) They are placed on a cookie sheet and baked.
4) The cubes are turned once in a while, till they are tender and brown (it takes about 15 to 20 minutes).
5) Meanwhile, in a bowl, yogurt is combined with garlic, dried mint, cayenne pepper and cumin.
6) The baked eggplant cubes are folded into this yogurt mixture.
7) the bowl is covered and refrigerated for about 24 hours (the mixture is stirred many times during the chilling process).
8) The bowl is taken out of the refrigerator a couple of hours before serving.
9) The contents are stirred and seasoned with salt and pepper, as desired.
10) The dish is served with garnishing of mint leaves or parsley.