Mediterranean Minted Eggplant
|Eggplant||1 , peeled and cubed|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, pressed|
|Dried mint leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh mint leaves/Parsley sprig||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) The oven is pre-heated to 450 degrees.
2) Cubed eggplant is tossed in olive oil.
3) They are placed on a cookie sheet and baked.
4) The cubes are turned once in a while, till they are tender and brown (it takes about 15 to 20 minutes).
5) Meanwhile, in a bowl, yogurt is combined with garlic, dried mint, cayenne pepper and cumin.
6) The baked eggplant cubes are folded into this yogurt mixture.
7) the bowl is covered and refrigerated for about 24 hours (the mixture is stirred many times during the chilling process).
8) The bowl is taken out of the refrigerator a couple of hours before serving.
9) The contents are stirred and seasoned with salt and pepper, as desired.
10) The dish is served with garnishing of mint leaves or parsley.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1369 Calories from Fat 1033
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 117 g179.9%
Saturated Fat 19.8 g98.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.1 mg9%
Sodium 740.6 mg30.9%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.5 g62.1%
Sugars 40.3 g
Protein 30 g59.5%
Vitamin A 40.9% Vitamin C 30.9%
Calcium 100.7% Iron 50.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet