Potato Moussaka With Parmesan Cheese
|Red potatoes||2 Pound, washed|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For meat filling|
|Onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Lean ground lamb/Beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Leaf oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||35 Ounce, drained and chopped (1 Can)|
|White sauce||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Ounce, grated (1 Cup)|
|Dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Grease 2-3 jelly roll pans.
3) Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Brush the potato slices on both sides with 1 tablespoon oil.
4) On the prepared pans, place the potatoes and bake for about 7 minutes. Remove and turn over the slices. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil and bake for another 8 minutes or until just tender. Set aside and reduce the oven temperature to 375° F.
5) Remove from oven and turn over the slices. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Bake for about 8 minutes or until just tender. Set aside and reduce oven temperature to 375° F.
6) FOR THE FILLING: Take a medium size skillet and heat oil in it. Saute onions for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 1 minute. Crumble in the beef or lamb and saute until it is partially cooked.
7) Add oregano, cinnamon, thyme, pepper, wine and salt. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the wine evaporates completely, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
8) FOR THE WHITE SAUCE: Take a medium-size bowl and whisk egg yolks in it. Slowly add about 1 cup hot White sauce. In a saucepan, mix the remaining white sauce and the whisked mixture.
9) Keeping aside 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, stir the cheese into the mixture.
10) Grease a baking pan of 13x9x2-inch dimensions. Sprinkle breadcrumbs and arrange potato slices in it. Place the large slices first forming about 2 layers. Spoon out meat filling over the layers. Add white sauce on the top and sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
11) Bake in preheated oven at 375° F for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
12) Serve immediately and enjoy!