|Thin veal slices||8|
|Sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely rubbed|
|Seasoned pepper||To Taste|
|Thin prosciutto ham slices||8|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
1) Flatten the veal slices with a meat mallet into about 4 inch squares.
2) Sprinkle each veal slice with a little sage and seasoned pepper.
3) Place a thin ham slice on each veal slice, roll up and secure each with a wooden pick.
4) In a saucepan, sear these rolls in melted butter, until they are evenly browned.
5) Then add the wine, cover and cook over a very low heat for about 15 minutes, until the rolls are tender and cooked.
6) Add a little more wine if required while cooking.
7) Remove the picks and transfer to a serving platter.
8) Serve the Veal Saltimboccal with croutons of fried bread, if desired.
Calories 178 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.6 mg19.2%
Sodium 412.1 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 0.24 g0.08%
Dietary Fiber 0.01 g0.05%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 14 g28.2%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 0.26%
Calcium 1% Iron 0.17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet