|Thin veal slices||8|
|Sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely rubbed|
|Seasoned pepper||To Taste|
|Thin prosciutto ham slices||8|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
1) Flatten the veal slices with a meat mallet into about 4 inch squares.
2) Sprinkle each veal slice with a little sage and seasoned pepper.
3) Place a thin ham slice on each veal slice, roll up and secure each with a wooden pick.
4) In a saucepan, sear these rolls in melted butter, until they are evenly browned.
5) Then add the wine, cover and cook over a very low heat for about 15 minutes, until the rolls are tender and cooked.
6) Add a little more wine if required while cooking.
7) Remove the picks and transfer to a serving platter.
8) Serve the Veal Saltimboccal with croutons of fried bread, if desired.