Braised Fennel With Bacon
|Fennel bulbs||2 Large, trimmed, and cut lengthwise into quarters|
|Bacon slices||4 , chopped|
|Carrot||1 Medium, chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Regular strength beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a wide heavy pan arrange uncooked bacon evenly along with onions, carrots and bacon.
2. Add drained fennel as its toppings.
3. Pour in beef broth and cover. Simmer for 8 minutes so that the flavors are well blended.
4. Use a slotted spoon to lift the fennel from the pan.
5. Boil sauce till it reduces to half of its original quantity.
6. Serve braised fennel with bacon hot.