Braised Fennel with Bacon
|Fennel bulbs||2 Large, trimmed, and cut lengthwise into quarters|
|Bacon slices||4 , chopped|
|Carrot||1 Medium, chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Regular strength beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a wide heavy pan arrange uncooked bacon evenly along with onions, carrots and bacon.
2. Add drained fennel as its toppings.
3. Pour in beef broth and cover. Simmer for 8 minutes so that the flavors are well blended.
4. Use a slotted spoon to lift the fennel from the pan.
5. Boil sauce till it reduces to half of its original quantity.
6. Serve braised fennel with bacon hot.
Calories 153 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.76 g3.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.4 mg1.1%
Sodium 602.2 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.4%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 7 g13.2%
Vitamin A 108.2% Vitamin C 62.5%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet