Greek Style Marinated Fennel
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Coriander seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fennel bulbs||2 Large, trimmed and cut lengthwise in quarters|
1. In a big pan mix olive oil, lemon juice, seasonings, salt and water.
2. Boil the mixture.
3. Drop the fennel in the mixture.
4. Cook 10 minutes till it gets tender crisp.
5. Remove the mixture from heat.
6. Cover the pan and chill the broth overnight.
7. Serve marinated fennel cold with the cooking liquid as its sauce.