|Eggplants||2 Pound (2 Small Ones, 1 Pound Each)|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
1. Trim the stems of eggplant and cut them lengthwise. Make each slice 1/4 inch thick.
2. Preheat oven to 425°
3. In a large baking pan pour oil. Turn the eggplant slices in the oil so that the eggplant is well coated.
4. Arrange them in a single layer.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 425. Turn eggplant at regular intervals so that they are all tender.
6. Arrange eggplant in a baking pan of size 9 by 13-inches.
7. Spoon the meat sauce over the eggplant.
8. Top the baking dish with additional meat sauce.
9. Pour generously on custard topping.
10. Sprinkle parmesan cheese.
11. Bake for 1 hour uncovered at 350°.
12. Serve Athenian Moussaka immediately.