|Eggplant||1 , peeled and sliced|
|Chuck||1 Pound, ground|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 can)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cottage cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
1. Preheat an oven at 350°.
2. In a pan saute meat, onion and garlic until meat is brown and drain well.
3. Add tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper and simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Brush eggplant slices with olive oil and broil for 5 minutes on each side.
5. Grease a casserole and make layers of eggplant and meat sauce.
6. Top with cottage cheese and eggs beaten together and sprinkle with a little nutmeg.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 2 hours.
8. Serve the moussaka with desired garnish.