Mediterranean Beef Stew
|Beef chuck||3 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Carrots||3 , peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 can)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven hot to 325°F.
2. Keep beef in large covered dish.
3. Pour brandy and orange juice over meat.
4. Marinate for 3 hours.
5. In a Dutch oven sautÃ© bacon.
6. Stir in onions and fry until transparent.
7. Add meat, marinade, 1 teaspoon salt, oil and remaining ingredients except eggplants,.
8. Cook over simmering heat and cover.
7. Place in oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
8. Remove stem and blossom ends of eggplants.
9. Peel and slice about 1/2 inch thick.
10. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt over it.
11. Toss until coated.
12. Keep aside for 45 minutes.
13. Keep over paper towels to absorb moisture.
14. In a frying pan heat oil.
15. Add eggplant and cook until lightly browned.
16. Stir it to meat mixture.
17. Bake for 1/2 hour until tender.
18. Discard garlic and bay leaves.
19. Serve with parsley potatoes.