|Fresh tomatoes||4 Pound, peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Whole boneless chicken breasts||8 , skin removed|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), thinly sliced|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 (for garnish)|
|Olives||3 (for garnish)|
1. In a skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil and butter. Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. In large skillet heat 1/4 cup oil. Add chicken and brown on both sides.
4. Add onions, garlic, thyme, bay leaves, and tomato paste.
5. Cook the chicken until soft.
6. Add wine and cook until reduced to half.
7. Add tomatoes and sugar.
8. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
9. Garnish with parsley and olives.
Calories 652 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.7%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 172.5 mg57.5%
Sodium 426.4 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.5%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 68 g136.6%
Vitamin A 68.1% Vitamin C 99%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet