In this episode, we are making a light salad of mixed greens, a lemon dressing with fresh strawberries and fried halloumi. Halloumi is a Cypriot cheese with a mildly salty flavor that melts at a high temperature making it perfect for grilling and frying. You're gonna love it!
250 Gram, sliced (Cut into 8 thick slices)
4 Medium (cut thinly with the ends intact to fan it out)
1 Medium, juiced and zested (Zest of the entire lemon used)
Extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoon (as required)
1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm) (as required)
1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (crispy bacon used)
1 Medium, julienned
1 Bunch (100 gm) (assorted)
1. Cut the 250 grams of halloumi cheese into 8 thick slices. Then further cut them into 2-inch wide strips. Tear off fresh basil leaves one at a time and press them into the cut slices of the halloumi cheese.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the zest of 1 lemon and the juice form the same lemon. Add a bit of salt and pepper and olive oil and mix it. The dressing for the salad is ready.
3. Take a cast iron skillet and preheat some olive oil to a medium heat, put the haloumi slices into it with the herb side down and brown them very slowly. After a few minutes flip them over. The slices should turn golden in color.
4. In a large bowl add the crispy bacon, the carrots, and some assorted spring greens of your choice. Add the dressing and mix it well.
5. Serve on to a plate with the fried halloumi cheese and the decoratively sliced strawberries.
Nothing beats a dish which has color, texture and taste all put together. This is one such dish which is totally delectable. watch this video to learn how you can create this gourmet delicacy for your friends and family, almost effortlessly. Missing out on this one would be a crime.