Grilled Mediterranean Veg with Bean Mash
|Red pepper||1 , deseeded and quartered|
|Aubergine||1 , sliced lengthways|
|Courgettes||2 , sliced lengthways|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned haricot beans||410 Gram, rinsed|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Vegetable stock||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon wedges||2 (For Serving)|
1) Preheat the grill.
2) In a grill pan, arrange the vegetables and brush lightly with oil.
3) Grill until the vegetables are lightly browned, turn, brush again with oil and grill until tender.
4) In a small pan, add the beans, garlic and vegetable stock.
5) Bring to a boil, then simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
6) Mash coarsely with a potato masher, adding a little water or more stock if the mash appears to be dry.
7) Spoon the vegetables and mash equally on 2 plates, drizzle over any leftover oil and sprinkle with black pepper and coriander.
8) Serve the Grilled Mediterranean Veg with Bean Mash immediately with lemon wedges.
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.7%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 128 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.3%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 14 g28.2%
Vitamin A 58.8% Vitamin C 211.7%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet