Parsnips are a deliciously sweet root vegetable in-season after the first frost. So here in the Northeast, Thanksgiving is the perfect time to enjoy them.
2 Pound, peeled and chopped into pieces
Chicken stock/Vegetable stock
4 Cup (64 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Take a pot and add parsnips to it.
2. Place the pot on heat and top them with stock. Bring the stock to boil and then turn down the heat. Make it really simmer. Allow it to cook for 15-20 minutes or until the parsnips becomes tender.
3. Drain stock from parsnips and put it in a food processer.
4. In the processor add butter, and a pinch of salt. Blend it well.
5. Add heavy cream to bring it to a perfect consistency.
6. Serve Mashed parsnip with chives garnish.
If the puree is too thick you may reserve the cooking liquid and use it to thin parsnips.