|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Yellow squash||2 Medium, diced|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, diced|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Small, seeded, diced|
|Reduced calorie italian salad dressing||5 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Couscous||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), uncooked|
1) Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
2) Heat over medium flame till hot.
3) Add in yellow squash, zucchini, mushrooms and sweet red pepper. Saute till it becomes crisp.
4) In a large serving bowl, add in squash mixture and 3 tablespoons of salad dressing. Toss well. Keep aside.
5) In a small saucepan, add water, 2 tablespoons of salad dressing and salt. Let the mixture come to a boil.
6) Take the mixture off the heat. Add in the couscous. Stir till all the liquid is absorbed in about 3 minutes.
7) Stir in the couscous into the remaining vegetable mixture.
8) Serve the Vegetable Couscous with meat or vegetable gravy.
Calories 224 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.3%
Saturated Fat 0.12 g0.59%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 185 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.2%
Sugars 16.7 g
Protein 13 g25.2%
Vitamin A 21.5% Vitamin C 80.4%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet