Fresh Tuna with Fennel
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Florence fennel bulb||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Leeks||1 , cut into 1 inch slice|
|Garlic tips/Mustard greens||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
|Tuna steak||1 Pound, thick cut|
|Pecorino cheese||1 Ounce, grated|
1) Mix yogurt and pepper and keep it aside.
2) Take a large frying pan and add oil to it.
3) Add fennel, leek, and garlic tips to the pan. SautÃ© all the ingredients for about 3 to 5 minutes.
4) Now, put tuna and continue to cook for 4 to 6 minutes on both sides until the fish is bit opaque.
5) Replace the fish and vegetables except for the leaves from the pan and plate them. Keep them warm.
6) Now, cover the pan and boil the juices until they reduce to half.
7) At this stage add yogurt and cook for about 3 minutes.
8) Serve the tuna with the yogurt sauce poured over it and some cheese for garnish.
Calories 656 Calories from Fat 224
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.4%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.9 mg35.3%
Sodium 372.2 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.5%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 64 g128.4%
Vitamin A 134.6% Vitamin C 68.8%
Calcium 43.6% Iron 35.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet