Moroccan Carrot Salad
|Carrots||3 Pound, scraped and diagonally sliced|
|Water||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), crushed|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large Dutch oven cover carrots with water and with cover bring to a boil.
2. Boil 6 minutes until crisp-tender, then drain and place in a large shallow dish.
3. In a bowl combine 2 1/4 cups water, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt and red pepper and pour over carrots.
4. With cover refrigerate 8 hours or overnight and drain off marinade.
5. In a large serving bowl place carrots, garnish with fresh dill sprigs, if desired and serve.
Calories 107 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.57 g0.88%
Saturated Fat 0.09 g0.44%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 481.2 mg20%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.2%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 3 g5%
Vitamin A 758.1% Vitamin C 41.4%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet