Roast Turkey with Fennel Stuffing
|Chicken flavored bouillon granules||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Wafer||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fennel bulbs||3 Small|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Boneless turkey breast||4 Pound, skinned (1 Piece)|
|Chablis/Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Combine bouillon granules and water.
2) Keep aside.
3) Wash fennel; remove top stems, bottom, and tough outer portions.
4) Slice bulbs crosswise into thin strips.
5) Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; add margarine, and place over medium-high heat until hot.
6) Add onion,- saute 10 minutes or until tender.
7) Add fennel, reserved bouillon mixture, salt, and pepper.
8) Cover; reduce heat, and simmer mixture 20 minutes or until fennel is tender.
9) Uncover, and continue cooking until liquid evaporates.
10) Rinse turkey with cold water, and par dry.
11) Lay turkey breast flat.
12) Pat fennel mixture evenly over turkey, keeping 1 inch from edges.
13) Roll turkey breast starting or long end, and secure with string.
Insert meat thermometer into turkey breast, if desired, making sure thermometer end touches meat.
14) Place in a browning bag prepared according to package directions.
15) Pour wine over turkey; odd bay leaf.
16) Place in a shallow roasting pan.
17) Bake at 325° for 2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 185°.
18) Remove and discard bay leaf before serving.
18) Serve the roasted turkey as a mainstay of your dinner menu.