|Dried chickpeas||8 Ounce, soaked overnight in water (225 Gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||2 Dash|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped mixed parsley and thyme||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Pint, 900 milliliter (For Frying)|
|Iceberg lettuce||1 (Crisp)|
|Red onion||1 Small|
|Black olives||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Crunchy peanut butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , grated rind and juiced|
|Tabasco sauce||2 Dash|
1. Drain the chickpeas and grind them finely in a blender.
2. Transfer the ground mixture to a mixing bowl and add seasoning, coriander, herbs and crushed garlic.
3. Knead thoroughly to make the mixture bind together.
4. Combine the ingredients well, and take small spoonful of the mixture and shape into walnuts size ball.
5. To make the salad: shred the lettuce and place them in a salad bowl.
6. Thinly slice the onion and divide the slices into rings, then thinly slice the cucumber.
7. Mix the onion and cucumber together with the lettuce.
8. Stone the olives and add them to the salad.
9. Lastly, place the tomatoes in a large heatproof bowl and add boiling water to cover.
10. Leave for 30 seconds to a minute, then drain and peel the tomatoes.
11. Cut them into quarters and add them to the salad, then toss the salad lightly and arrange it on a serving platter.
12. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing and add seasoning to taste.
13. Pour the dressing over the salad.
14. In a skillet, heat the oil until it reaches 190 °C/375 °F, then add the chickpeas balls, a few at a time, and fry until golden brown.
15. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper and pile the hot falafal on top of the salad.
16. Serve immediately, with plenty of warm pita bread.
Calories 2108 Calories from Fat 1853
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 211 g324%
Saturated Fat 27 g135.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 373 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 14.7 g58.6%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 17 g33.6%
Vitamin A 34.7% Vitamin C 58.1%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet